Maxforce Gel Roach Bait has had great success in controlling german roaches in many different situations. Maxforce Gel is labeled to be used in homes, nursing homes, restaurants, hospitals and apartments. It is very safe around pets and children and the purchase of this bait requires no special license, either to buy or apply it.
Maxforce Gel Roach Bait comes in an easy to use 60 gm. plastic syringe. This amount is more than sufficient to bait an entire 8 room house, top to bottom. To apply the gel, remove the cap from the syringe nozzle and push in on the plunger. The gel inside resembles peanut butter. For best control, many different bait placements, about the size of a pea, should be put in all suspected roach harborage sites. After each placement move about 10 inches before applying the next pea. It is very important not to use any insecticides during the baiting program. The insecticides contaminate the bait, making it unappetizing for the roaches to eat. For a house two thorough applications, about 3 weeks apart, should completely rid a stand-a-lone house from a roach population.
Maxforce Gel application sites include but do not exclude the following:
- In, under and around cabinets.
- Along all plumbing lines.
- In, under and around all electric appliances including refrigerators, dishwashers, washers and dryers, microwaves, coffee pots, tvs, radios and computers. A pea should also be placed on top of each electrical wall plug.
- On the bottom of drawers.
- Any other suspected roach harborage site.
- Although Maxforce Gel roach bait has been used many times by itself to eliminate a population of german roaches it has recently been observed that better and faster results will be obtained when a good IGR (insect growth regulator) is used at the same time as the bait is being applied. Growth regulators work on young roaches by preventing them from reaching sexual maturity. It is now known that they also cause the female to abort their egg cases. This is very important because as soon as the egg cases are aborted the previously non-feeding females become very hungry and will eat the Maxforce bait. The IGR of choice for controlling german roaches is Gentrol. Gentrol comes in 1 oz. vials, each vial making 1 gallon which is enough to spray a large house completely. It also comes in Gentrol Point Sources. Gentrol Point Sources are a very neat way to apply Gentrol without spraying, 4 Gentrol Point Sources are required for each room. Either way Gentrol will last about 3-4 months, is very safe and has no effect on nontarget animals.
e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control