e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: house worms

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by peggy ann on July 14, 2003 at 15:00:40:

In Reply to: Re: house worms posted by gillian on July 10, 2003 at 15:56:29:

: THEY ARE CALLED CARPET BEETLES. Check out this link that describes them.
: http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/bugreview/carpetbeetles.html

:
: : : i have dark brown worms (1cm long) with hard ribbed bodies. They wriggle along like a caterpillar and curl up when touched. We live in a fairly old house which has evidence of woodworm in the floorboards downstairs and also have a cat. Please help!

: : ---
: : I have the exact same problem and have spent all morning looking for an answer onthe web with no luck. I dont think they are millipedes because they are much too small. I thought the common nickname for these worms were dust worms since thats where they usually are but I couldnt find anything. Is there anyone else know what we are talking about? Sometimes you see a dead one on a doll that has been sitting for a long time too. What is this ugly bug?
-------------------------------------------------------I also have been searching for this for some time--especially find dead ones (or sloughed shells?) in boxes of books and magazines, on clothes stored in suitcases--with no damage to items--main problem is that when I open a box of books or mags(saved a few, now) and start to feel itchy, I know the "buggers" have been there, and sure enough will find a few "dead ones" scattered through the box. Not sure carpet beetles is the answer, as there aren't many (any) adults--haven't seen any live ones for at least six months now--hope they're gone but the dead ones are still packed away (find new dead ones from time to time)--anyway--my sympathies to everyone else bc they have been bothering me for a few years--P.S. have wood parquet floors, no wool in house(allergic) and all dogs departed 2 yrs ago (still have cats)--could that be why they're gone? live on dog but not cat hair??? any further suggestions advice will be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog