e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: swimming pool bugs

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Sandy on August 30, 2002 at 00:22:08:

In Reply to: Re: swimming pool bugs posted by Ann on August 27, 2002 at 13:55:22:

: : : : : Could any help with identifing these bugs that are in our swimming pool. They have wings and are very fast. I don't know if they bite. I'm wondering if they will hurt my kids?

: : : I just put in a followup myself for the same bugs. I dont know what they are either but i do know they bite and it feels like a sting almost.

: : jUST CAME BACK FROMT THE POOL STORE. THEY WERE NO HELP. THEY ARE CALLED WATER BOATMAN AND I AM TRYING TO GET RID OF THEM.. THE POOL STORE TOLD ME TO TRY BUG OUT, BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK..NOW I AM TRYING TO OVER CHLORINATE THE POOL WITH SHOCK TO SEE IF THAT WILL WORK. I HAVE HUNDREDS OF THEM AND MY POOL IS CRYSTAL CLEAR........SOME ONE HELP!

Has anyone figured out what they are and how to kill them???? About a week ago we were shocked to finds hundreds of them in our pool and while we were able to kill most of them by shocking the pool we cannot completely get rid of them and they seem to be reproducing quickly. Not sure if we have the same bugs -- ours are very tiny and sort of skim on top of the water and they can jump -- almost looks like some sort of flea. Could they be coming from the trees? Any help in identifying and killing these things would be much appreciated. Everyone is disgusted and afraid to get in the pool and we have a pool party planned for the Labor Day weekend. HELP.

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog