e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: BITING BUGS IN HOME AND ON ME.MITES?

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Betty on June 18, 2007 at 06:59:38:

In Reply to: BITING BUGS IN HOME AND ON ME.MITES? posted by BREN on March 08, 2007 at 19:41:31:

: I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO POSTED BACK 2OR 3 YEARS AGO THAT THEY HAD PROBLEMS WITH THESE BITING MITES THAT SOME OF US ARE NOW DEALING WITH GOT THEM OUT OF THERE HOME AND OFF THEM? IF SO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP US AND TELL US HOW.THANK YOU.JUST POST BACK ON HERE IF YOU SEE THIS.

Hi Bren,
I am in the same boat as you!! Did you find out what type of mite it was? I have several samples and it seems I have 3 or 4 different species of mite/biting bug wreaking havoc on me. One looks like a black/brown speck and are very difficult to see simply because they're as small as pepper or smaller. Another possible mite is orange colored and round, and another is white and more oblong shaped with long antennas. I also found some little white/gray specks (kind of like grains of salt). The bites that I experience are generally PAINFUL and then only itch for a very short time period (approx. 1 hour) before going away. I actually capture the biters with some clear tape and I am waiting to find out how I can send samples to UC Davis, Havard or my Agricultural Extension Center. Although I know that my symptoms and bites are not scabies, the doctor prescribed some Permethrin cream...the mites still bit me and it didn't really help much. these mites seem to like hot, humid weather and are most active at night (around 10 PM CST). I am going to try BENZARID SPRAY and Bug Arrest because it seems like standard pyrethrin doesn't seem to work (we tried a fogger and various sprays and no luck). I am going to also try some Deep Woods OFF to try to keep them away until I can find some sort of solution.

Please contact me if you have any success! I will keep you posted. I only started to experience this in the past week but I am already going out of my mind.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/now/jun27/bugs.html

Harvard Laboratory of Public Health Entomology

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog