e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: tiny black w/ 2 grey stripes long antennas and short pinchers in bathroom mostly

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Hawkeye Pest Control on April 07, 2007 at 10:01:38:

In Reply to: Re: tiny black w/ 2 grey stripes long antennas and short pinchers in bathroom mostly posted by bob the bug guy on April 03, 2007 at 11:24:25:

: : : Just recently started seeing a large amount of very very small instects(ant size not counting antenna) They have extremely tiny pinchers in the rear they might not even be pinchers but seem to be.

: : : The bug is all black except 2 small stripes. It has antenna nearly as 3/4 or more the size of the insect itself.

: : : My girlfriend has woken with small mosquito sized bites that at first we thought were bed bugs...

: : : ANY IDEAS?

: : William,
: : Sounds like roach nymphs (immature cockroaches). This site has some pretty good pics of several types of roaches: http://entomology.unl.edu/images/storedfoods/sfroaches/sfroaches.htm

: : It's a site for cockroaches common to Nebraska but they are also found in many other states.

: : Good Luck!

: : Obie Munoz
: : Hawkeye Pest Control, Inc.
: : 813-962-3008
: : www.hawkeyepest.com

: : You can visit our Pest Forum at www.hawkeyepest.com/forum.htm

:
: SOUNDS MORE LIKE EARWIGS TO ME

Bob -
I thought the same initially but the post said the bugs are tiny, earwigs are usually described as longer and skinny. I guess it definitely could be earwigs - if so, I stand corrected :)

Obie Munoz
Hawkeye Pest Control, Inc.
813-962-3008
www.hawkeyepest.com

You can now visit our Pest Control Forum at www.hawkeyepest.com/forum.htm

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog