e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: tiny hard shell bugs

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Brigitte on March 05, 2005 at 13:42:03:

In Reply to: Re: tiny hard shell bugs posted by Southwest Pest Control, Inc. on November 20, 2004 at 21:55:56:

::: I live in Virginia and also am plagued with these tiny bugs...these bugs fly and seem to be attracted to light as they are all over my kitchen door window. Are they the same type of bug as the others have stated?
Thanks
Brigitte

: : : I live in south carolina, i have these tiny things too. today i found them in my pantry. before i only found the bug on my cabnets. they are a pest. any ideas yet?
: : paula

:
: Dear Paula,
: What it seems you may be dealing with is a pantry-pest insect, most likely a beetle. Usually, the infestation by this particular insect is found in dry foods such as pasta, pancake batter, flour, etc. The first step is locating the source where the beetles are coming from.
: Remove all dry food(s) bags, boxes and inspect thoroughly for signs of these beetles including skins sheddings and/or larvae and/or beetles. Discard all foods items with any trace of the above findings.
: In the future, store all dry foods in sealed glass containers such as mason jars. This way, you can see if there is any infestation of these insects. Furthermore, the jars will be sealed tighlty enough to keep these pests out of your food items.

: Good Luck!

: Thomas Ryan, Director of Operations
: Southwest Pest Control, Inc.

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog