e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Tiny red bugs in my hair

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Max on November 26, 2004 at 17:01:54:

Can anyone tell me what these tiny red bugs are that I keep combing out of my hair with a flea comb? They bite not only my head, but also on my face, especially around my eyes. When they bite my head, it frequently leaves a small pimple, however I have not noticed any marks when they bite my face or around my eyes. Once I got bitten on the ear and reached up and plucked the bug from my ear. It was the largest I have seen - a little smaller than a sesame seed, but most are even smaller - some no larger than a speck. They periodically get into my eyelashes and nose. I use Vaseline on my eyebrows, eyelashes and around my nose and they leave until I stop. Then they move back. I frequently feel them moving on my face and their activity seems to pick up in the afternoon. They attach whitish eggs to the hair folicle and they also leave blackish specks that I assume are their fecal matter that I also comb out of my hair. I have tried various head lice treatments which have not worked, but my doctor does not seem to think they are lice. My head started itching a day after I went to a different place to get my hair cut. That was 5 months ago. These bugs are definitely red and oval in appearance. They are only on my head and face. Even though my cat and dog have been treated with flea products, they are also scratching. I don't know if it is related or not.
Any help would be profoundly appreciated.
Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog