e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: Mysterious itchy bites appeared overnight, but no signs of bedbugs!

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Mark on August 18, 2004 at 16:35:09:

In Reply to: Re: Mysterious itchy bites appeared overnight, but no signs of bedbugs! posted by Lauren on July 09, 2004 at 17:04:13:

: I'm pretty sure that standard stuff (RAID, etc.) is known to be ineffective. I would try calling Andy Linares at Bug Off. His number is (212) 781-2304. Andy seems to be the bed bug expert for the NYC area, and he told me which products to use. So far, my bed bug problem seems to be under control.

I just wanted to thank Lauren for this post and second the recommendation of Andy Linares at Bug Off. My building was paying a company called Acme Exterminators to treat my apartment, and after doing some research online, I realized that they weren't following the recommendations of several experts. They even claimed that using Drione Dust was illegal in New York City, and after checking around with some other exterminators, I found out that was patently false. After four treatments with zero results, the people at Acme basically threw up their hands and said that all I could do would be to put caulk in any cracks I had between my moulding and floor. That was some of the most worthless advice I've ever heard in my life.

Anyway, Andy told me exactly what I needed, and had great advice about how to treat the apartment myself. He really knows what he's talking about, and he has all the supplies right at his store uptown in Manhattan.

I really hope the word gets out on how to properly treat for these bugs, because living with them is miserable, and so few people seem to have even the slightest clue how to deal with them.

(By the way, for people outside New York who don't have the benefit of Andy's advice, he recommended Drione dust and a Permethrin spray called Permacide.)

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog