e-Bug: Pest Control Forum

Re: Bedbugs & mothballs

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

Posted by Ann on April 12, 2004 at 21:24:18:

In Reply to: Bedbugs & mothballs posted by Alasdair on April 11, 2004 at 14:28:52:

: I'm continuing to clear out rooms at the moment and am not sure what to do with things like backpack, canvas bags, that kind of thing. Was thinking of dropping a few mothballs in each then sealing in bin bags. Do mothballs actually kill bedbugs if they're stuck in a confined space with them? Or do they just discourage them (and other insects) from entering that space? Advice/answers welcomed!
: Alasdair.

Hi Alasdair:

I was just told by an expert that mothballs will indeed kill any bug in an enclosed space. Mothballs also acts as a repellant so it does both. There is a product called moth crystals(paradichlorobenzene)that is not as smelly as mothballs(naphthalene). The problem with both products is the smell, very hard to get rid of the smell. I would probably wash the knapsacks in hot hot water and when dried put them in a sealed plastic bag, followed by putting moth crystals in another bag and then seal. That way the bugs won't enter the bag; use it for more of a repellant rather than to kill. Unless you have something that you cannot wash at all like electronic equipment. I'm still trying to get rid of the mothball smell from my spring coat after washing many times.

Follow Ups:

Follow Ups | e-Bug - Pest Control Forum

1-800-226-8370

e-Bug Products - Do It Yourself Pest Control

Quick Links
Search Pests

Search Product Catalog